San José School of Research Data Science
December 2 – 13, 2019 CeNAT, San José, Costa Rica
Background and purpose
The goal of this workshop is to train researchers in Research Data Science (RDS). RDS refers to the principles and practice of Open Science and research data management and curation, the use of a range of data platforms and infrastructures, large scale analysis, statistics, visualization and modelling techniques, software development and data annotation. These are important tools for extracting useful information from data and these tools are useful in every research area.
A 10-day workshop, organized by CODATA, RDA, CONARE and CeNAT, was conducted at the CeNAT, San José to introduce participants to the skills of RDS.
Materials for the 2019 School of Research Data Science in San José
- Day 1 - C3A919Monday.pdf">Introduction, Open Science, Intro Unix, UNIX Shell
- Day 2 - Version Control with Git, Introduction to Python
- Day 3 - Introduction to Python, Practice Python
- Day 4 - Author Carpentry, Intro to Research Data Management, DMP example 1, DMP example 2
- Day 5 - Open Science, Data Management Plans*
- Day 6 - Data Visualization
- Day 7 - Overview of Machine Learning*
- Day 8 - Artificial Neural Networks
- Day 9 - Security and Computational Infrastructures - All material
- Day 10 - School Close Out
Some of the material in this curriculum was derived and adapted from work that is Copyright © Software Carpentry made available under the Creative Commons Attribution license.