Sao Paulo School of Research Data Science
December 3 – 14, 2018 ICTP-SAIFR, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Background and purpose
The goal of this workshop is to train researchers in Research Data Science (RDS). RDS refers to the principles and practice of Open Science and research data management and curation, the use of a range of data platforms and infrastructures, large scale analysis, statistics, visualization and modelling techniques, software development and data annotation. These are important tools for extracting useful information from data and these tools are useful in every research area.
A 10-day workshop, organized by CODATA, RDA, ICTP and SAIFR, was conducted at the ICTP-SAIFR, Sao Paulo to introduce participants to the skills of RDS.
Materials for the 2018 School of Research Data Science in Sao Paulo
- Day 1 - Introduction, Open Science, UNIX Shell
- Day 2 - Version Control with Git, Introduction to R
- Day 3 - Introduction to R, Reports Knitr
- Day 4 - Data Visualization
- Day 5 - Research Data Management, Data Management Plans
- Day 6 - Open Science, Information Security
- Day 7 - Overview of Machine Learning
- Day 8 - Artificial Neural Networks
- Day 9 - Computational Infrastructures - Lecture 1, Lecture 2, Lecture 3, Lecture 4
- Day 10 - Computational Infrastructures Wrap-Up - Lecture 5, Lecture 6 School Close Out
Some of the material in this curriculum was derived and adapted from work that is Copyright © Software Carpentry made available under the Creative Commons Attribution license.